Monday, October 22, 2012

PRINTMAKING

SELF EVALUATION

 

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
I think the overall composition of my work was great.  The balance of dark and light made the piece more realistic and showed the owl in its best form.  I added movement by the lines in the background, so the sky wasn't bland and clear.
  
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added texture by the light indents in the clouds and lines in the face.  The lines in the wings also showed movement and looked like feathers.  Contrast was shown in the lightness of the face, darkness of wings, and darkness in clouds as well as the lightness of the sky.  Contrast is important in a piece because it shows all the little details and make the object more realistic.
3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I used positive and negative space by the lines in the sky and surrounding the owl.  The positive space contrasted with the negative space.  The negative space added extra details to the movement and fluidity of the work.

4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
I think the craftsmanship of my print was great.  There were a few mistakes and some parts of the owl could have been cleaner.  I was really pleased on how my print turned out.

5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
I was able to achieve depth by showing a cloud, sun, and the owl.  I did this because the sun was smaller and in the corner so it showed the sun was far away and that the owl was very close to the cloud.

6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
My experience with printmaking was easy in the parts of drawing the owl and the surroundings.  It was hard to cut the linoleum in very small spaces.  The printing was an obstacle because if you didn't hold it down long enough it would not fully cover the ink and the composition would look incomplete.

No comments:

Post a Comment