Thursday, October 4, 2012


Chalk Mural Critique
                                                                                                                                                        
Self evaluation (must write at least 3 sentences for each question)
1. Explain your experience working on a team and executing your ideas for the mural.
My experience working with on a team was great because four of the five people I worked with each completed what they needed to effectively finish the assignment.  What was great is I also had fun with my teamates.  For the mural we started with making ten thumbnails or ideas for our actual chalk creation.  Then each of us voted for our two which we all continued to draw in our sketchbooks.  We then decided which one would be the easiest to execute and the most interactive.  That was how we ended up with the finished idea for the mural.
2. Explain the importance of collaboration when working on a team.
 Collaboration when working on a team is essential.  This is true because everyone needs to be involved and the overall decisions need to be compromised so everyone is pleased.  When more than one person are working together it can be easier in the sense that you get more work done faster, but also you need more people to agree to one thing that suits everyones needs.
3.  How successful was this project? Explain how and why.
I believe that of course this project could be better and it can always be improved, although I think this project was successful.  We finished the mural when it was due and looked like I had imagined.  Overall their were things that could have been completed differently, but it fit the criteria we were asked to include except for outlining in black.
4. Explain how you feel about creating artwork that others can interact with. Ex. Invoving the whole school? 
I feel really involved in my school when I helped complete a mural that other students at Apex High can walk by and picture themselves in it.  I like knowing that there is a piece of me on the walls of the school.  I also enjoy seeing people relate to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment