Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portraits Art Critique

 
Value Portraits Art Critique

                                                                                                                                                        
Self evaluation (must write at least 3 sentences for each question)

1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
First I picked a picture of Noah off the board and placed a sheet of wax paper over it.  I then proceeded to look for all the values in the picture.  Basically the light and the dark of the picture.  After that was completed I shaded darkly the back of the wax paper and then copied it into my notebook where I started on the shading and final touches of the portrait.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
I found the different values in the portrait by placing the picture with the wax paper on the window.  In which the sunlight shown through and made it much easier to find the values.  That is how I found the values in the portrait.
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
I believe that I DID achieve a full range of different values within my portrait.  How I did it? I did by using the wax paper and finding different zones of value which I transferred in my sketchbook and shaded it to blend.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
I think my artwork is crafted neatly by how effectively I used my time.  Also how hard I worked to blend
the values together.  My craftsmanship is very delicate and fragile, I showed my values very well and executed the blending excellently.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
An obstacle I had to overcome was when transferring the portrait to the sketchbook.  It looked like a MONSTER so I shaded and shaded and blended until it actually looked human again.  It was hard but I am proud of my finished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment