Friday, December 7, 2012


Game Drawings in Perspective Critique 



       I really like how my piece turned out because I painted the water color using washes a little to darkly so I'm glad to lighter highlights and colored pencils show through.  I used perspective in the piece so it looked more realistic, but that part of this assignment didn't turn out well at all.  I also made a mistake by using colored pencil before I water colored so the overlapping was different in areas and the whole piece wasn't as consistent as I wanted it to be.  I was glad that the left hand side of my composition showed value that I represented by blending different colors that compliment each other together.  I didn't add shadows that well in this painting.  I also used vanishing points on the horizon to complete the perspective component.  I showed gradation on the top right hand side square where it is dark green to light green.  This reflected my skills with value.  The hardest part for me was the drawing of the animal and completing the whole piece in perspective.  I learned a lot from this piece one being always follow instructions and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment